Friday, February 13, 2009

Thank you lucky stars

As expected there was a hair inspection. I thought it would suffice just to stand behind and await the death sentence to befall upon my mane. But no, this was a big operation, Operation Hair to be precise. The crowd was enormous and we clogged the entire assembly ground. It was rather awkward but minus that it was still bearable.

Then, people went on swearing and one indian guy with roughly 2 cm in hairlength went

Wtf is the reason I'm caught, my hair is certainly not long, I only have a beard and it doesn't fit within the context of the operation (In malay of course it's still considered hair, facial hair in english)

That happened on the right side, people on the left were asking for scissors. Apparently they rather cut their own hair than to suffer the ill fate of losing ALL of them. Although they were going to filter the current amount of students due to vast numbers, I had practically given up even the slightest speck of hope of being spared at that point conceding to the fact that I have all sides exceeding the red light zone.

The swearing got more intense, there was an aura, dense with frustration. Then came my turn to attempt to be filtered. The discipline master which was my BM teacher stood right in front of me. I was prepared, no retaliation or arguments to save my skin was intended, it was time to face the music andddddddd

Aiya...Wai Keong mengapa macam ni, tengok sini panjang, sini panjang, sini panjang, sini tebal (points at my sideburns, back and pulling my fringe)

Jangan macam ni, you're an intelligent boy.

I nodded, merely awaiting for it to snap but then..

Saya bagi amaran ya, potong

and I was like, HOLY COW he is letting me off? This seems nearly impossible. But yeah I was excused. It made me feel bad though, trust me it's not nice being the only first class student being apprehended and to be thought of as the likes of those notorious students. But c'mon it's just hair. But owh wells I guess it's time to cut it to avoid further complications.

Many people were shocked that I was let off the hook, my juniors were dumbfounded lol. Ego settled in there, I felt superior but that's just stupid. Well as the saying goes everyone is a fool for 5 minutes everyday, just make sure you don't go beyond.

Cheerio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shoot me?