Saturday, October 17, 2009

Happy endings

I remembered the time when I was in form 2, there was this BM teacher who never failed to sleep in class. He slept during oral presentations and can could miraculously wake up just in time to say "Bagus! Bagus!" after the presentation. I guess the cue must be "Terima kasih."

Anyway, regardless of essays or novels, he stressed for them to have happy endings and his words were vividly etched in my mind ever since. However, I was very fond of instilling suspense be it in my essays or anything else. I thought happy endings were corny and were too normal that it would bore people to death. Subsequently I only believed happy endings (fake ones) only happens in Disney productions (take note that I am still in disbelieve regarding this matter but that is not the point I am trying to make today)

I finally realised that happy endings are actually CRUCIAL! (in fiction of course, and also in reality but there is no assurance for the latter)

You see, I SPENT 3 days to finish A FREAKING DRAMA! I have never fully completed a drama in my life so far until this one. I knew I put myself into shit the moment I got addicted to it so I came to a conclusion that I have to finish it ASAP so that I can continue to concentrate on studies. And I'm glad I've finished all 37 episodes!!

Getting back to my point, the drama had a hanging ending which usually induces a WTF?! NOOOOO expression on your face and you will be left cursing away at the producers. So basically, my BM teacher's teachings came to light after 3 years and now I know it is within our nature to cherish happy endings.

The drama is aired on 8tv every Monday-Friday at 7 pm. It is called Chinese Paladin 3. Yeah it sounds stupid, retarded and all. Not forgetting the ridiculousness and wrong things stipulated within the series but I have one word for it-captivating.

Ok, so much for seeing the light, got to keep my thoughts straight now, I need that happy ending for my SPM. Haha!

Cheerio


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shoot me?